When viewing a generated report in MS Word, you may wish to insert or remove some content.
Adding a new section
1) Add the new content to the document and give it a title (If copy and pasting text it is best to select 'Keep Text Only').
2) Highlight the title of the new section and choose the appropriate heading style from the menu bar* and the new section will automatically update with correct font, size and numbering.
*In the example given in screen shot below this would be ‘Heading 2’, as it is a sub-section of the Introduction to Advice section which is set to 'Heading 1'.
3) Lastly, you will need to update the Table of Contents directly to ensure the new section is included. To do this, right click on the table and select ‘Update Field’.**
Removing an existing section
1) Highlight the section you would like to remove e.g. 1.1 About Sensational Financial Advice Ltd and delete the section accordingly.
2) You will see the numbering of the document will automatically update to take into account the deletion, however, the Table of Contents will remain unchanged.
3) To update the Table of Contents, right click on the table and select ‘Update Field’.**
**For more information on updating the Table of Contents, please visit the 'Updating Table of Contents' article.